- The Yoda and Count Dooka set already seen on Brickshelf.
- The Anakin and Tusken Raider set also already seen.
- The Jedi Starfighter which looked very accurate and had maroon bricks.
- Slave 1 in the new Episode 2 colours – see: Jango Fett’s Slave I
- A droid landing/attack ship(I think), which had short downward swept wings and a lot of detail, it was generally white in colour, the rep had seen the real thing and said it looked good and was close to a foot wide – see: Republic Gunship
- Finally, a set with two land craft, maybe the rickshaw type vehicle seen in the trailers – see: Anakins Desert Patrol
He ends with “I only saw them for a minute or two, but I was impressed, all had bright new colours such as pale greens and blues but none showed the figures in the packs.”
LEGO Smuggler mentions that he was told the official release date is April 16th (6 days earlier than the new Hasbro action figures), as well as the Australian release date for the current LEGO sets (Cloud Car et al) being early February.
This post originally appeared on Rebelscum.com on the 18th of January, 2002.
Fervent documentarian, effusive AFOL and founding partner, Jeremy manages the daily news content and set reviews.
Having enjoyed playing with LEGO from his earliest years, Jeremy started collecting LEGO Star Wars in 1999 when the theme was first released. He has shared his thoughts and opinions on LEGO via a number of websites – including starwars.com, rebelscum.com and brickset.com – contributed to the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary series and served the LEGO Ambassador Network as a Recognised LEGO Fan Media representative.