The No. 1 LEGO® video game franchise returns with a fun-filled, humorous journey through the new Star Wars adventure – and more!
LEGO® Star WarsTM: The Force AwakensTM marks the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO video game franchise and immerses fans in the new Star Wars adventure like never before. Players can relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring all of the storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.
- Relive the Blockbuster Action – Blast off into a new and improved LEGO Star Wars experience that takes fans deeper into the new film than any other game, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens.
- Exclusive New Story Levels – Experience untold adventures set before Star Wars: The Force Awakens through exclusive new story levels that takes place between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and the new film.
- Variety of Characters, Vehicles & Locations – Play as all of the heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma, while exploring iconic Star Wars locales, such as Jakku and Starkiller Base, and utilizing a multitude of vehicles along the way.
- Build… and Rebuild – Through the enhanced “Multi-Builds” system, players must choose from multiple building options – to puzzle solve, or just for fun – all advancing the game in different ways.
- Exciting New Blaster Battles – Use your surroundings as cover during intense Blaster Battles and drive back the relentless First Order.
- Experience the Galaxy Like Never Before – Experience the thrill of high-speed, action-packed flight gameplay like never before, including arena-based battles and dogfights in space.
- More “I” in A.I. – Enemy fighters can now build using LEGO bricks to support their fellow Stormtroopers, calling in air support, reinforcements or heavy artillery – taking the fight to the Resistance with the power of LEGO!
Coming out on PS4, PS3, PSVita, XBox One, XBox 360, Wii-U, 3DS and the PC, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Video Game is sure to make the top ten video game charts everywhere. With eight different platforms and ten – including the two deluxe variants – different versions of the title, video gamers and Star Wars collectors have got a lot to chose from. But what retailer and which copy has the most enticing options?
The deluxe set is what Warner Bros Interactive seems to be putting all its money on. With a premium price tag, this version has an eye-catching cover, an exclusive minifig and a season pass to downloadable content. As a bonus bonus the PS4 deluxe version also offers the phantom limb level pack (presumably the back story of C-3PO’s rouge appendage) and a droid character pack. Incidentally, the extra levels and character pack are also bundled with the regular PS4 release, as well as the PS3 one. None of the Xbox versions offer these add-ons.
- Best Buy.com has all but the PC version listed for pre-order. The deluxe Xbox One and PS4 titles come with the Finn minifig and a DLC season pass. Prices range from $29.99 to $69.99.
- Walmart.com has the full console range available for pre-order, starting at $29.96 and capping out at $69.96 for the deluxe versions.
- Amazon.com has both the deluxe and the standard versions (excluding the PC game) listed, from $29.96 to $69.96.
- Gamestop has the full range available – including the digitally downloaded versions – for preorder, from $29.99 to $69.99. All Playstation and XBox versions (even the non-deluxe releases) include exclusive Jabba’s Palace Character Pack downloaded bonus content.
UPDATE: Gamestop has added the MINI Kyle Ren Shuttle in polybag as a pre-order exclusive reports FBTB.net.
- Priced between $44.99 and $79.99, Video Games Plus has all the non-deluxe titles available to pre-order.
- Aside from the PC version, Best Buy has the full range of North American formats available from between $39.99 to $89.9.
- EB Games has the Xbox One/360, Playstation 3/4/Vita and Nintendo 3DS/Wii U versions available for presell now, from $39.99 to $89.99. Aside from the deluxe versions on XBox One and PS4 (which come with Finn (FN-2187) minifigure) there are no current exclusive offers.
- Amazon.ca lists all formats, except for the PC, as available for pre-order from $39.99 to $89.99.
- You can also pre-order the title on all (except PC) formats at Tesco Direct. Xbox One, XBox 360, PS4 and PS3 should look out for the Special Edition (not Deluxe) versions, which come with a free MINI Poe’s X-Wing Fighter (30278). Prices range from £24 to 44.00.
- Game has all formats on offer, from £23.99 to £51.99, including the deluxe versions of the Xbox One and PS4 formats with extra content and Finn (FN-2187) minifigure. Their Xbox360 and PS3 special editions also comes with the Finn (FN-2187) minifigure. The downloadable PC version comes as standard (£24.99) and deluxe (£32.99) version – however there is noindication what the additional £8 brings with it.
- If you are looking for the 5002948 C-3PO polybagged minifigure then head to Zaavi whi are offering this with pre-orders of all the formats they are offering (PS3, PS4, PSVita, Nintendo 3DS, Wii-U, Xbox One and XBox 360).
- For the best selection in continental Europe head to Amazon.de who have the premium and standard version available. As an incentive the premium editions (XBox One, PS4 and PS3) comes with the Finn (FN-1187) minifigure, Poe’s X-wing Fighter, Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle and the MINI First Order Star Destroyer polybag exclusives.
- The deluxe and standard versions are all available at Amazon.fr. The deluxe edition, offered on XboxOne, PS4 and PS3 comes with the additional content, plus the Finn (FN-2187) minifigure and the First Order Star Destroyer polybag exclusives. The special edition versions have the the First Order Star Destroyer polybag exclusives.
- Micromania has the full range on offer, with the exclusive MINI Po’s X-wing Fighter with the XBox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and 4 Special Edition versions.
Australia & New Zealand:
- EB Games in Australia and New Zealand is offering a pre-order exclusive MINI First Order Star Destroyer in a polybag with all its versions, which range from AU$49.95/NZ$59.99 to AU$109.95/NZ$139.99.
- JB Hi-Fi have all the standard platform versions up for pre-order (from $49 to $89), and seem to be one of the few retailers who have the hardcopy of the PC version available.
Clearly the best version for LEGO Star Wars collectors is the Amazon Germany deluxe version which, for between €59.99 and €69.99, gets you the game, extra Droid Character Pack and Phantom Limb Level Pack content and four polybagged exclusive sets. Remember that this version might not be compatible with your console’s region coding, so buyer beware!
This post originally appeared on Rebelscum.com on the 19th of April, 2016.
Fervent documentarian, effusive AFOL and founding partner, Jeremy manages the daily news content and set reviews.
Having enjoyed playing with LEGO from his earliest years, Jeremy started collecting LEGO Star Wars in 1999 when the theme was first released. He has shared his thoughts and opinions on LEGO via a number of websites – including starwars.com, rebelscum.com and brickset.com – contributed to the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary series and served the LEGO Ambassador Network as a Recognised LEGO Fan Media representative.