The first set from LEGO came in 2001 when they released the UCS 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner, which became an immediate hit. Its second version was a Mini-scale build included in the UCS 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer set in 2002, and it wasn’t until the tenth anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars line, in 2009, that aminifig-scale 10198 Tantive IV was added to the theme. Since then this blockade runner has shown up in the Planetary Series as 75011 Tantive IV & Alderaan (2013) and behind the fifteenth door of 75146 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar (2016).
And now, with great ceremony -as befitting such an important royal and ambassadorial vessel, LEGO has taken the Star Wars Celebration as the opportunity to announce that they are treating us to a new version on May 3rd, 2019!
Own an iconic Rebel blockade runner—Tantive IV!
Build, play and display a legendary Star WarsTM starship! This LEGO® Star Wars 75244 interpretation of Tantive IV, seen fleeing from an Imperial Star Destroyer in the opening moments of Star Wars: A New Hope, faithfully recreates all of the Rebel cruiser’s signature details, including an elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and 11 massive engines at the back. Remove the hull plating of this fantastic LEGO Star Wars vehicle to reveal a detailed 2-minifigure cockpit, conference area with table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats. The radar dish also doubles as a convenient carry handle, which makes it perfect for flying around the room. When the mission is over, this amazing kids’ buildable toy also makes a great centrepiece for any LEGO Star Wars collection. The set also includes 5 minifigures and an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Includes 5 LEGO® Star WarsTM minifigures: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, plus an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Tantive IV LEGO® Star WarsTM construction toy features a radar that doubles as a carry handle, 2 detachable escape pods with space for a minifigure inside, opening cargo hold and removable cargo box, opening 2-minifigure cockpit, rotating and elevating stud-shooting turrets on top and 2 spring-loaded shooters underneath. The top hull detaches to reveal a detailed interior including a conference table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats for the minifigures.
- Weapons include a blaster pistol and 3 blasters.
- Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
- Captain Antilles minifigure is an updated version from 2009, while Princess Leia’s skirt and Bail Organa are new for April 2019.
- This highly detailed building toy construction set includes over 1,750 pieces.
- Recreate amazing moments from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope or play out your own exciting adventures!
- LEGO® Star WarsTM starship measures over 5″ (14cm) high, 24″ (62cm) long and 7″ (19cm) wide.
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
This post originally appeared on Rebelscum.com on the 12th of April, 2019.
Fervent documentarian, effusive AFOL and founding partner, Jeremy manages the daily news content and set reviews.
Having enjoyed playing with LEGO from his earliest years, Jeremy started collecting LEGO Star Wars in 1999 when the theme was first released. He has shared his thoughts and opinions on LEGO via a number of websites – including starwars.com, rebelscum.com and brickset.com – contributed to the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary series and served the LEGO Ambassador Network as a Recognised LEGO Fan Media representative.